Convent and Museum “Germanes Franciscanes Filles de la Misericòrdia” of Pina
Posted at h in Churches, Culture and Heritage
Churches from Algaida district
c/ Germans Fundadors, 1
Open all year (except during Catholic Mass)
In 1856, Father Gabriel-Marià Ribas from Pina and his sister, Josepa Maria, founded the Congregation of the Filles de la Misericòrdia, which rapidly expanded to other places in Majorca.
The original convent was located near the church and in 1891 a new building was constructed the other side of the road and connected to the old convent by a bridge. In 1924 the chapel, designed by architect Francesc Ferrer Moragues, was inaugurated.
The convent is considered the mother house of the congregation and was the novitiate house from 1862 until the end of the 1980s.